Friday, June 14, 2013

Listen....



Listen....


to the hustle and bustle as you try to settle your thoughts.


I listen to the cars,lorries, buses and that noisy screech of a motor bike as they pass by.

I hear the dog sharing his frustration with the world because his owner has left him alone.

The children screaming with anticipation as they launch themselves into the oh so cold water of the swimming pool.

I accept each sound as being part of the noise of my community.....but what emerges when I listen with greater detail,
with more concentration and focus,
caught up in the solitary, the unusual, the gentle murmurings that are so easily missed or discarded.



I sense my dear Lord and Saviour gently calling to me.
Hear my voice, dear daughter.
Recognize it, celebrate it, cherish it....take care not to miss it.






May you have a Blessed week,


Sandra
xxxxx


2 comments: