Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bread and Wine





I feel so excited to have received a sponsored copy of the (in)courage Book Club for the summer study.

It is called Bread and Wine and is by Shauna Niequist.



When I first looked at this book for the (In) Courage summer study...I thought a cook book...how disappointing. This book is so much more than I had first realized.

It is about community, it is about feeding friends souls with love.
I cried when I shared with Shauna as she relived the loss of her twins and her subsequent pregnancy...it was my story in written words....and it healed some more as I shared her pain a little.

I am a foodie....but I dislike cooking...I always feel as if my Home Economics teacher is peering over my shoulder...tutting...I think I may need to work on that insecurity some what!

But...and this is important...I have already experimented with one of the recipes...ok it is only the vinaigrette...but I wanted to start somewhere rather than not start at all...and I was really pleased with it and myself.



A lovely read...and quite a lot more.




Have a wonderful week,


Sandra


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment